Wednesday 16 October 2013

 
To Mary, the Queen of the Most Holy Rosary
 
O Virgin Mary, grant that the recitation of thy Rosary for me each day, in the midst of my manifold duties, a link of unity in all my actions, a tribute of filial piety, a sweet recreation, a help to walk joyously in the path of duty. Grant, especially, O Virgin Mary, that the study of thy fifteen mysteries may gradually form in my soul a pure, bright, fortifying, sweet-scented atmosphere which will penetrate my will, my memory, my understanding, my imagination, my entire being. Thus will I acquire the habit of prayer while working, without the help of formulas, by interior movements of admiration and supplication, or by aspirations of love. I ask this, O Queen of the Holy Rosary, through Dominic, Thy son of predilection, the illustrious preacher of thy mysteries, and faithful imitator of thy virtues. Amen.
 
Bl. Hyacinth Marie Cormier, O.P. (1832-1916).

No comments:

Post a Comment